An establishment needs to do the following to apply for a new on-sale, and/or off-sale 3.2 liquor license, set-license or liquor license or to renew an existing license in rural Benton County.
- Fill out application and return it to the Auditor's Office with the appropriate fee, a certificate of liquor liability insurance, a certificate of worker's compensation insurance, a copy of your driver's license, and township signed form.
- The County Board will then approve or disapprove the application and get the appropriate signatures.
- The Auditor and County Board Chairman will then sign the actual license and forward it to State Liquor Control for their approval.
- The County Auditor's Office will send the approved license to the establishment when they receive it from State Liquor Control.
- Liquor off-sale license: $500.00
- Liquor on-sale license: $2,000.00
- Sunday Liquor license: $200.00
- Wine: $200.00
- 3.2 Malt Liquor "on-sale": $100.00
- 3.2 Malt Liquor "off-sale": $30.00
- 3.2 Malt Liquor One Day: $25.00
If you have questions, or would like more information, please contact the MN Department of Public Safety Alcohol & Gambling Enforcement.