Benton County Government Center
The County Administrator is appointed by the Board of Commissioners under MN Statutes §375A.06 and is the administrative head of the County. The County Administrator is responsible for the administration and direction of all policies, budgets, programs, functions and staff of county government under the control of the Board of Commissioners.
The County Administrator exercises general supervision over County Departments under the control of the County Commissioners, including the County Assessor, Department of Development, Human Services, and the Public Works Department (Highway). In addition, the County Administrator is directly responsible for the supervision of Property Management (facility maintenance), Information Services, Finance Department, Human Resources/Employee Benefits, Clerk to the Board, Emergency Management, and Veterans' Services/Safety Officer. Additional responsibilities include:
- Prepares the County’s proposed annual operating and long-range capital budgets for submittal to the County Board;
- Coordinates labor negotiations and advises the County Board on bargaining strategies;
- Attends all meetings of the County Board and serves as the statutory clerk to the board;
- Serves as the County’s public information officer;
- Provides policy research and recommendations to the County Board.