Driver's License Services
Standard/Real ID/Enhanced Driver's License Daily cut off time is 3:45PM.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ADJUST THESE TIMES ACCORDINGLY.
Appointments are strongly encouraged for faster service. Be sure to fill out the pre-app before your arrival and bring all required documents.
Benton County is not a testing station.
Our office does not offer written or "behind the wheel" driver's license testing. For information and locations see Minnesota Driver and Vehicle Services Appointment Schedule
Driver's License Information
Beginning May 7, 2025, a standard Minnesota Identification card will no longer work for air travel and for entering certain federal facilities.
- If you are under the age of 18 you will need a parent or legal guardian’s signature.
- You will need to know your Social Security Number for any Driver’s License transaction.
- Renewing for your 21st Birthday: You may renew your driver’s license no more than 60 days before your 21st birthday.
The Social Security Administration Office must be notified and name change updated on file with their office no less than 72 hours prior to coming to our office.
If you legally change your name through marriage, divorce, or a court order, you must show proof of the change. You must present a certified marriage certificate, a certified court order specifying the name change, or a certified divorce decree or dissolution of marriage certificate specifying the name change.
If you have had a series of name changes, you must provide documentation of all of those changes (Real/Enhanced ID requirements).
Drivers License payment options
We accept the following types of payment for services:
- Check (payable to Benton County, provide a daytime phone number)
- Credit cards
- Accepted: Visa, MasterCard and Discover
- 2.15% convenience fee is charged for each transaction.